The Iron Dungeon - Bodybuilding / Weight Training
The Iron Dungeon is your source for bodybuilding, weight training, nutrition and humor articles.
- Best Workout Tunes The best hardcore tracks for your one-rep max day! (From all of your suggestions!) Updated regularly.
- Ideal Body Proportions See how you size up
- Working Towards 100+ Pushups Break that 100 Pushup barrier (Robert Shouse)
- Adding Pushups to your Chest Routine (Suliman EL-Amin)
- Fast-Slow Gainer Chart How well can you gain? (A. Kaplan)
- Rules of the Hardcore The 10 Commandments
- Forearm Roller Make your own forearm roller for a killer burn
- Predict your One-Rep Max Prediction tables for Squat, Bench, DL
- Back to the Basics Old school and common sense based lifting (Adrian)
- Bodybuilding in Jail How to keep yourself motivated and training hard while in jail. (Zach Bashore)
- Bulking or Cutting? How to gain, how to lose. (Zach Bashore)
- Training Without Equipment Alternatives to training in a gym. (Zach Bashore)
- Hamstring Development The basics of the hamstrings and how to train them. (Zach Bashore)
- Abdominal Development How to train your abs properly for that six-pack. (Zach Bashore)
- Finishers - End in Pain An article about how to spice up your workout with some gut-busting exercises
- Ed Coan's Bench Press Bench Press periodization routine
- Bench Press Periodization Bench Press plateau periodization routine (Reichart M)
- Form: The Squat A comprehensive look at the proper way to perform the best exercises (Adrian)
- Power Deadlifts A How-to Guide (Tom McCullough)
- General Training Tips For beginners or advanced lifters (Adrian)
- Steve Rohn Workout Plan Strength gains for advanced lifters (Mr RippedAbs)
Humor / Funny
- How to Squat Big-Time! I'm sure you've seen one of these in your gym! (Calvin Hass)
- How to be Mr. Olympia How to become Mr. Olympia! (Pat Matteson)
- The Biggest Lies Excuses in the Gym
Diet & Nutrition
- Daily Supplement Schedule Confused about when to take all your supps?
- Bodyfat Measurement The various methods & a few equations
- Bioavailability - Comparison of Proteins How good is your protein source?
- Alcohol and Training Can you drink alcohol and still keep in shape? (Zach Bashore)
- Creatine Monohydrate An overview for rookies (Zach Bashore)
- Multivitamins What vitamins to take? (Zach Bashore)
- Overview of Supplements What to take and what not to
- How to Gain Weight A quick how-to-guide
- High-Fat / Anabolic Diet Extensive summary of the diet (PD)
- High Daily Water Intake Why you should drink 4+ litres a day
- Contest Preparations A quick summary of pointers for your preparation
- Contest Diet The final week guideline (Tom Venuto)
- The Muscle Service Station Features online BB contest.
- Books & Newsletters A list of the best bodybuilding resources
The following are links that I've gathered over time on various topics relating to bodybuilding / weight training.
Links: Training Info
- Dave Draper's Iron Online An excellent collection of training articles written by a Mr. Universe
- Suite101 Bodybuilding Articles & a great collection of bodybuilding links
- Psycho Trainer's Guide Can't get enough intensity and pain?
- MM2k Add 40lbs to Bench Boost your bench press with Daniel Liebster's workout
- Weighty Matters An excellent archive of useful information
- Cyberpump! The home of HIT
- Elitefitness Bodybuilding & Anabolic Steroids info
- Ross Boxing Great collection of training articles that would be very useful crosstraining.
- East Coast Muscle Lou Messina's extensive contest coverage, message board and profiles
- Fitness Forum Paul Harvey's page
- MuscleMaker Some old information on various supplements
- NBAF Mag National Bodybuilding & Fitness Magazine
- MuscleNet The Virtual Gym
- Truly Huge Site devoted to drug-free training.
- Mike Mentzer.com The official Heavy Duty site.
- IronMind Lots of training tools here.
- Clarence Bass This old dude knows how to get RIPPED.
- Master Trainer Another old dude who knows a thing or two.
- SuperSlow Home of Super Slow.
- Whelan Strength Training Huge resource of articles for the natural.
- Strength Online A MUST for any powerlifter or anybody interested in PL techniques.
- Go Heavy Good site with lots of info for PL'ers, OL'ers, or just regular BB'ers.
- Fitness Renaissance Tom Venuto (natural bodybuilder) has a wealth of articles here.
- CombatFitness Great collection of training articles, including stretching, plyometrics and strength. Articles on each region of the body along with illustrations.
- Get Big Up-to-date news, interviews, photos and articles on bodybuilding
Links: Diet, Nutrition & Drugs
- Tuna Shake Baby! Jason's collection of tuna recipes
- NCBI PubMed Public Medline access to abstracts
- Medscape Medline access
- GI Index Glycemic Index listing
- Mesomorphosis: Drugs Extensive collection of articles on Anabolic Steroids
- Don Lemmon Don Lemmon's Know How about diet.
- Anabolics Mall Commercial site: Andro-shock, steroid alternative.
Links: FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
- Pointer to FAQs Brian Bucher's list of all weight-related FAQs
- Misc.Fitness.Weights FAQ maintained by Trygve Lode
- Misc.Fitness FAQ HyperText version
- Stretching & Flexibility FAQ HyperText version
- Strongman FAQ 1.2 World's Strongest Man Competition
- Powerlifting Comp. FAQ 2.2 Extensive resource for powerlifting
Links: Muscles & Anatomy
- Musculoskeletal Atlas Excellent graphical depiction of points of insertion & origin
- Artificial Muscle Project at MIT
- The Hosford Muscle Tables Skeletal muscles of the human body
- MuscleBuilder Human Body Modeling Anatomically-based human body deformations. Computer-generated animations of muscles, joints and skin.
- Human Arm 3D animated biomechanical modeling of upper limbs
- Virtual Hospital Illustrated Encyclopedia of Human Anatomic Variation
- Muscles in Action Definition and video of movements
Links: Other / Collections
- The Male Bodybuilder A large collection of pictures of the Greats
- Lewis Wolk's A-Z Fitness & Bodybuilding Big collection of links
- KnowledgeHound: Bodybuilding Collection of bodybuilding and weightlifting links
- Bodybuilding Directory Extensive collection of bodybuilding links
Links: Personal Sites
- Steve Kidwell Natural Physique Systems
- Larry Collins Check out this awesome WNBF Pro
- Linda Cusmano Fitness Competitor and Personal Trainer
- Eric McDonald
- John Wood Jr. 1997 Jr. USA Runner-up
- MM2k - Muscle Media 2000 -- was a quality mag, but no longer seems to exist.
- Muscle & Fitness A Joe Weider production.
- Ironman Good training info.
- Muscular Development All-natural.
- HardgainerSample articles and a good Message Board.
- Testosterone NationGood site for Steroid info...updated often.
Recent Comments in Iron Dungeon